Friday, September 9, 2011

You Should!

Happy Friday! And it is a swell Friday at that! I have so many great things happening this weekend.
Actually I have a lot of great things to look forward to in the next couple of months.

I started my day with protein pancakes. This time I subbed in 1/3 cup of pumpkin instead of the banana. It will blow your mind. If you haven't made them yet- YOU SHOULD! It is the best way to start the day.

 I left work a little early today to prepare myself for the weekend.
On my way home I stopped off for a coffe at my favorite place.

If you haven't been to 1369- YOU SHOULD!

I came home and had some lunch with my coffee. Leftover Sweet Potato pie. I added more veggies to bump the health value up. Then I lowered it by adding ketchup. Oops :)

I would have rather eaten this:


But I was pretty healthy so far today. But there is still time to sabotage!
I stayed healthy and had two oranges for my snack time.

If you don't eat oranges: YOU SHOULD! I eat them pretty much everyday. So tasty and sweet. Plus- healthy. I also had some dark chocolate. I'm a serious chocolate addict.

I have so many great things happening in the next few weeks. I have some great plans with great friends, a few concerts, homecoming at UMaine and most importantly- My Birthday!
I'm really looking forward to the Life is Good music festival. I'm super lucky to have won passes since they are $120 per pass. I'm really looking forward to checking out the Avett Brothers. If you haven't listened to them (you know what's coming) YOU SHOULD! They are fantastic. I'm looking forward to letting my inner hippie out for the weekend.

I hope everyone has a really great weekend. Since Sunday is the 9-11 anniversary, everyone should take some time this weekend to reflect on all the positive things in your life. I've been flooding my head with everything 9-11 the last few days. I made the mistake of watching The Today Show this morning (which I do every morning) and watching kids that lost their parents 10 years ago on 9-11. I wept like a baby. I had to peel myself off the couch to head to work.

Not to be sappy- but take a moment this weekend to be thankful for someone or something in your life. Just do it because... YOU SHOULD!

No comments:

Post a Comment