Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Curry out

Fall officially feels like it's here. But it could be 80 degrees next week. What do I know?
Since fall is here I decided to make something warm and cozy for dinner.
I was starting to feel a cold coming on and under the weather, so I needed it. Plus this will double as LUNCH tomorrow!


Presenting: Sweet Potato Samosa Pie

I love Indian food. Almost as much as I love Mexican. Almost!
I love curry sooooo very much. It can work with a lot of different things.
I started by making a homemade crust. A first for me!

Crust is as follows:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
water as needed

Crust needs 3 things:
Water
Fat- I used olive oil
Flour

Mix all ingredients except water. Add water a tbsp at a time until you can start forming a ball.
Once formed- set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 375


For the filling you need:

3 cups sweet potato
3/4 c onion
1 tbsp garlic- I used 1 clove.
1 1/2 c frozen peas- you can use a mix of peas & carrots but I just had peas
1 tbsp curry
1 tsp curry
(I've also seen ginger and mustard seed added to this)

1- Now is the time to stab the potatoes and put them in the microwave for 5 minutes.
You can bake them if you prefer.
2- Mix spices in a side bowl. Set aside.
3- Brown onion and Garlic
3- add spices to mix
4- add peas

5- Take the potatoes out of the peeling and add.
6- roll out the crust and put the mix in. (You could double the crust and have a crust on top as well. But I wasn't interested. So mine is more like a sweet potato tart.)
7- Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy! I had some left over roasted potatoes that I enjoyed with mine.

After enjoying my hard work- I headed to the gym to run off my cold. I am so happy to be running again.
I had a bum knee for a while and it was painful to even walk.
I had to test out my sneaks courtesy of my mom!

Question of the night- Is it appropriate to approach someone at the gym?
I find that most people find it sketchy. I guess this is because most people are a hot, sweaty mess at the gym. I can't see how anyone could find me attractive at that point. But hopefully someone might!
But- I guarantee we've all been caught staring at the special someone on the bike next to you.
No? Just me? Shoot. I should try and be less subtle but hey, you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment