Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The perfect quickie

Today flew by!
I love days like that. Especially since today was like my Wednesday!
Two more days of work and it's the wedding weekend!

Today I meant to wake up for a nice run but I somehow set my alarm for 5:30pm. Not am.
That won't work. Luckily I still woke up in time for pancakes.
I had a meeting at work to prep for. Being late was not an option.

I was ready for lunch when it was over.
Lunch was an array of items. This delicious cup of yogurt that I practically got for free from coupons acquired at Life is Good Fest. Vanilla covered in Chocolate. Yeah so good.
 
 I also had some mini triscuits and hummus and green beans. Yeah- an array of items in the house.

I tried to get my phone fixed on my lunch. I thought this man at the iStore solved the mystery. Wrong! He actually made it worse! It was working properly but got a little hot from time to time. Now- it shuts off every five minutes or so. So I'll head back tomorrow. Nice way to spend my lunch break.

I came home to cook a quick dinner. I borrowed an idea from Tina at Carrots'N'Cake. It was terrific.

I cooked all the items separately and then combined. She was right- it was the perfect quickie (for dinner-get your mind out of the gutter).
I roasted the broccoli. I also roasted some brussel sprouts for lunch tomorrow!

Great news about this dinner. It will be for lunch tomorrow with the brussel sprouts. Yum!

I let my stomach settle and then hit the gym and got in a 5 mile run! Ah go me! Sometimes you have it in you and sometimes you don't.

I have the wedding weekend fast approaching and about a million things to do. But I also get to see Lily this weekend! We are going to see the Lion King in 3D. I'm also going to have a Q&A session with her that I'll post on here. People are fastened with my little monkey of a niece. She is more like a firecracker these days.

It is hard to believe she used to look like this.

My peanut practically has her drivers license.

No comments:

Post a Comment