Saturday, September 17, 2011

Biking Boston

The weekend is under way! Wahoo!

Yesterday I went an indulged in "Cool Cafe Blues" iced coffee from the hospital. It was the equivalent of drinking like an Irish cream and nutty drink. I also indulged by staring at a cute doctor using medical jargon while I wore my sunglasses to hide my creepiness.

(Yes Ashley I borrowed your jacket. I couldn't find mine and was afraid of freezing my butt off on my walk to work. I found my jacket hiding this morning on the coat rack between two winter jackets.)

At work I indulged in a cup of tea two hours later.


After work last night I went out for a couple of drinks with friends. We had the brilliant idea to take the new Hubway bikes over.




That's Melina roaring through the streets of Boston! The Hubway bikes are awesome. I can't wait til they expand a bit and come to my part of town. I'll rent those babies all the time! Note- these bikes can be dangerous. Alex almost died when her belt got caught in the bike and nearly choked her. Luckily, she was safe but refused to ride after that and promptly walked her bike to the nearest return station.

We also ran into the crew that is filming the new Ryan Reynolds movie. They refused to give any information to his where abouts.

We went to McFadden's for a happy hour. It included nachos, spinach and artichoke dip and a Guinness! I think Guinness is the most delicious beer on the face of the planet.

We buried the nachos easily. (Although they were sub-par.)

I had another Guinness at Mija with Nancy and decided to call it an early night. I needed my beauty sleep for today! I jumped on the T and noticed how nice my pedicure still looked from last weekend. Nice!


After a breakfast of B&B pancakes- that's blueberry and banana if you haven't been paying attention- I went to the gym for a 5.5 mile run. Woo I feel great today! I saw Brandon there and he was my treadmill buddy. We killed it today!

I was the hungriest monster when arriving home and had leftover spaghetti squash with faux meatballs. I mixed in some pesto and tomato sauce. The marriage of flavors hit the spot. Although I'll need something sweet very soon!

Now I am off to get ready! I am heading to BBQ with Katie, Laura and Emily at Emily's new place. I'm looking forward to making some Lazy Margarita's.

Tequila
Honest Tea no calorie lemonade
limes
ice

Boo-ya. Nothing better! Hope you all have a fantastic day full of food and lusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment