Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beer and Pizza Happy Hours

It's Thursday!
Good thing because I'm exhausted and I know I've mentioned it before but- this was a long week!

I was tired this morning. Not as tired as yesterday but tired. I still dragged my butt to the gym and did a little baby workout. I came home for some Blueberry and Banana protein pancakes. YUM!!
Many people wonder how I have the time to cook a nice breakfast in the morning. Here's my timeline:
5:30am: wake up- if I go to the gym
7:00am: home to shower, eat breakfast, make my lunch, watch the news and get ready
8:20am: out the door
9:00am: at work... hopefully :)

I busted through work today because I had dinner with my friends to look forward to!

We went to City Girl Cafe in Cambridge. I have walked by this little nook of a restaurant at least 100 times. Finally- we went! It was heavenly.
The restaurant itself is super cute and our waitress was super nice.

We decided to order the antipasto and Italian beers to start. $3 beers = classy women.

The antipasto was amazing! We shared it between the four of us. The olives and cheeses were so delicious! Especially the cheese with honey and walnuts. YUM!
Then it was time for the main course:

We had the Caprini pizza with goat cheese, caramelized onions, spinach and cheese. The second one is a pesto pizza with broccoli. We loved them so much that we had a hard time deciding which kind should be next! Everything was delicious!

Between inhaling our food, we would take a breath to catch up. I'm already looking forward to a little BBQ action this weekend with the gals to bid adieu to fall officially. This will include food, friends and a few margaritas.

Tonight I'm making some spaghetti squash for my lunch tomorrow. If you've never made spaghetti squash you should consider it. Check it out at your local grocery store. You cut in half. Gut it. Place it face down on a pan. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes. Once it's cooked you just scrape out the inside. Put your favorite pasta toppings! I like mine with pesto and lots of veggies. I eat it just like I would a giant bowl of spaghetti.
Tina at Carrots 'N' Cake breaks it down here. Once you get it in a dish, it looks like this!

Tomorrow is Friday! I hope the day goes fast. I'll definitely eat pancakes in the morning per usual and will definitely have coffee mid-day to get me to 5:30. Hope your happy hour turned into happy hourS and included Pizza and beer! Keep it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment