Monday, September 12, 2011

Potatoes and People Watching

What a Monday today was!
I had a really crazy stressful day at work. Which in turn meant I was drinking a gallon of the world's best coffee on my lunch break with Laura. We trekked to MGH again and today's flavor was french vanilla. It was pretty tasty. Still no sighting of the hot doctor from the first trip over. There was also no basking in the courtyard today due to some event taking over.

I came home after work and knew I wasn't going to the gym since I wanted to cook a nice dinner.
I made sweet potato cheesy crisp cakes. What a name!
I borrowed the recipe from one of my favorite blogs- Carrots 'N' Cake

Here is what you need:
2 sweet potatoes
1 cup of Parmesan
2 egg whites- I used large eggs
rosemary
pepper
pre-heat at 425

I started with 2 sweet potatoes peeled.

Then I shredded them... by hand.


I used a strainer after to squeeze the liquid out of these. The more dry it is, the more crispy it will get.

Then I mixed all the ingredients together.


Looks tasty right?
Then form into little patties.


Put them in the oven for about 30 minutes. Flip half way through.


Then it's time to enjoy!

Here is my happy plate. I enjoyed my patties with 3 veggie meatballs. So... veggieballs. So tasty!
Empty plate :(

The good news is- these will be lunch tomorrow with a Morningstar California Turkey burger. Don't be fooled... there's no turkey in them. But it's super tasty!

Here's hoping tomorrow is awesome. It will include a coffee date with Laura. This time at our favorite coffee spot. 1369! There are always a few attractive men hitting the books there. Again- if you have more courage than me, you should approach people instead of staring. But what can I say? I love to people watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment