Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cake for Breakfast?!?

Contrary to the title of my blog- breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Sometimes I eat eggs for dinner. Oatmeal for lunch. Cereal for a snack.
It is the one meal that can substitute any other and bring a smile to your face!
In bed at night... I think about breakfast the next morning!
(actually, I'm always thinking about my next meal)

This morning I decided to take a stab at breakfast protein pancakes. I found the recipe on my one of my favorite blogs and made a few changes.
Holy heck they are delicious!
Here is the recipe:

1/3 cup of rolled oats
1 medium ripe banana
1/3 cup of egg whites
1 scoop of vanilla protein- you could change this to any flavor
splash of vanilla extract
splash of soy/almond milk- you can use regular if you want
cinnamon dusted on the top of each

Mix all the ingredients together. Make sure you mash that banana!
This makes 2 pancakes so double if you are making for two.


Voila! I topped mine with a little bit of PB and maple syrup.
I also made another batch of iced coffee last night and enjoyed some this morning with Soy vanilla creamer.

Next time I'm going to make these with chocolate protein! Nothing is better than chocolate, banana and PB!

Happy Tuesday! Four day work week- wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment