Monday, October 3, 2011

There goes the bride.

I had yet another awesome weekend in Maine.
I took a long weekend to do some quality fam hang time.

On Friday I took Lily to see The Lion King in 3D.
We had some fun after the movie.

She tested some beds at Kohls.

We got home and played with the replacement dog.
Bruno!

My fun wasn't over.
I decided I could afford to have drinks with a friend the night before the wedding.
We had the best beer sampler everrrr at the Liberal Cup.

But it was early to bed and early to rise. I had a wedding to get to!
Kayla was a beautiful bride and it was a beautiful day.

We busted some moves and danced the night away.

I spent Sunday at home with my fam. Getting some sleep and trying to eat some food.

Today was a Monday. You know how Monday's go.
I worked the day away and then made a delicious dinner.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna. Here is what's up:

1 spaghetti squash
1/2c ricotta cheese (I used part skim)
mozzarella cheese (I used part skim)
Parmesan cheese (just a dusting)
1 c pasta sauce
mushrooms (optional)


Cut squash in half and bake at 425 until you can pierce the skin. About 20 minutes. Remove from oven but leave oven on.

Saute mushrooms with some garlic and olive oil.

Sauce the bottom of your pan.
Layer in squash, sauce, ricotta, mushrooms and mozzarella. I did two full layers.
Finish with some parm on top and bake.

So delicious!


Overall- a pretty decent weekend. A few bumps along the way. One even gave me a flat tire.
See-ya later bank account. My car is getting repaired as we speak. Turns out I need new brakes as well.
Good thing I have a birthday coming up to receive these goodies as a gift.

I have to wake up for an early morning run tomorrow. I signed myself up for a 16 miler. Ok- it's not until May so I have plenty of time to prepare but I've also been considering some other races in the mean time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment