Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The birthday blues

It's kind of a bummer when your birthday is over.
Today I have a birthday hangover.
I think it's because I was on my death bed yesterday.
I didn't enjoy the day.

I somehow worked through the entire day.
It was tough. But I did it.
When I got home I wanted carbs for dinner.
Carbs heal sickness.
I had a recipe I wanted to try.
I present:
Pasta Al Pomodoro
aka- tasty homemade sauce.

Recipe:
olive oil
1/2 onion
4 garlic cloves
pinch of red pepper
28 oz can of peeled tomatoes- I used crushed
basil
butter for the pasta

1- start boiling the pasta water
2- chop onion and garlic. Coat another pan with oil and cook onion and garic.
3- add pinch of red pepper
4- add can of tomatoes
5- simmer for about 20 mins.
6- cook your pasta on the other side.
7- add a little bit of pasta water to tomato sauce.
8- Enjoy with lots of cheese!
9- Put them together.

It was so tasty and exactly what I needed.
I added a little sugar as well. I like sweet sauce.

Then I enjoy some birthday happiness.

That cake you see is peanut butter and chocolate.
My favorite!

Thank you roommates for the awesome loot :)
This magazine will come in handy at the gym!

Fear not! My hangover will be cured by birthday celebrations this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment