Saturday, March 10, 2012

Look at me.. I'm glowing.

Being a new mom has meant
life is crazy lately! I've been coming
home on my lunch breaks to spend time
with George. We have been adjusting to life 
with each other and spending time
getting to know each other.

I have learned that George is completely
different at night. When the lights are out...
typical man. He is so lovey but when morning
comes... peace out. He goes back to hiding out
in the corners of the apt.


We play a little at night before we sleep.
And he insist on waking me up 3 or 4 times
throughout the night. I am a mother.

Besides hanging with George, I am enjoying a low key
weekend. It included a spray tan. My first one. I was
scared I was going to look like this.

I love this episode but it was certainly frightening.
I expressed my fear to Ashly. She assured me it wouldn't
happen. As did the entire staff after she left.

Luckily- it wasn't so scary.
Ok the machine I stepped into was.
It was a stainless steel death trap.

 But after- I was excited. Look at me! I'm
glowing. (that's really because I had just
worked out and can't shower for 4 hrs.)

It's a good thing I had nothing important planned
for the weekend. Except eating an awesome goat 
cheese salad. 

And making these amazing and tasty (healthy) brownies.
I present: Almond Flour Brownies!

1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup agave
3 egg whites
3/4 cup almond flour/meal
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp instant coffee

pre-heat oven to 350

mix applesauce, cocoa and agave.
mix in egg whites 1 at a time.
mix in flour
mix in vanilla, salt, baking powder and coffee.

put into greased/buttered/lotioned pan.
Bake for 25 mins. Enjoy!

After enjoying 5 one, I think you could use
a little less agave. I like it sweet but it could use less.
They are more cakey than chewy. I liked
to put a little PB. But honestly- they are low
calorie and a good alternative. Also- Paleo
friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment