Monday, December 19, 2011

Peppermint Patty Meringues

Meringues! The perfect cookie. It's versatile and fun.
But it can be a b*tch to make. I made this batch for my
family Christmas party.

I present my peppermint patty meringues!

A few tips:
Use glass or metal bowl. I used glass.
Patience is your friend. Don't rush it.

Ingredients:

4 egg whites
1 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp of mint extract

1cup choco chips
1/4 almond/soy/cow's milk

Steps:
pre-heat the oven to 300

1- get all 4 egg whites in one bowl. Be sure there is no
yolk. If there is- it's not gonna work.

2- beat them starting on a slow speed. Slow and steady
wins this race. After 4 minutes or so they should start
to form stiff peaks. I think they kind of look foamy.

3- start adding the sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla. again- slowly. Don't rush it.

4- the peaks should continue forming nicely. Keep mixing slowly for
a few minutes

5- once everything is added and beaten together and the mix is somewhat stiff-
stop beating and fold in the mint extract.

6- you can either pipe the mix onto parchment paper or just spoon it on.
I'm not much into piping so I just used a spoon to place mine.

7- bake for about 40 minutes. Don't open the oven during this time.

8- once they are done let them cool. I put mine in the fridge for 20mins.

9- melt chocolate and mix in the milk. Should thin it out.

10- dip the cookies into chocolate and let them rest.

VOILA! Amazing seasonal cookies at your service. You can
definately make so many different flavors of meringues so
enjoy coming up with your own creation!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment