Sunday, December 25, 2011

Have you ever seen a reindeer fly?

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating today!
And if you aren't- Happy Holidays!


Today was a fantastic day! I slept in until 8:30ish which to
me means- I'm getting older. I can remember waking up
at 4am each year. Not anymore.

We started by cooking for today. I made Red Velvet
Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting! The idea came from
Julie over at PB Fingers

Here are the ingredients:

Brownies:
1 box of red velvet cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter (I didn't use all of the butter
and I used faux butter/margarine.)
1 egg 
1/2 cup water

mix butter, egg and water first.
mix in cake mix til fully blended.
put in greased(pam spray) pan and bake at 325 for 25-30 mins
when they are done- let them cool. 
I put mine in the fridge. I couldn't wait to test them!

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 package fat free cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
tsp vanilla

mix until smooth
frost the brownies. I also put green sprinkles
on for the holiday.

They were a hit. But I only had a nibble because I
wanted to save all the space I could for the main event.
I really like baking and doing new recipes but I also
try not to eat a lot of sweets. I heavily rely on others
to eat my creations.

We opened presents.

Lily definitely had the most! She got a whole new barbie
princess dream house and 4 dolls to go with it. The
list goes on.

We all had some dinner together.

I think Lobster should be the Maine tradition from now
on. we also had prime rib and all the fixings. We had a fantastic day 
and now everyone is passing out while we watch the 
Santa Claus.Absolutely one of my favorite movies.

"Have you ever seen a reindeer fly?"
"No- have you ever seen a million dollars? Just because
you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment