Sunday, November 27, 2011

Eat your heart out... literally!

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was great!
I ate my heart out and spent time with family
and friends. I helped my mom cook and I made
one of the desserts. I present- Chocolate
Pecan Tartlets.
Recipe:
Makes 24

Crust-
5-ish tbsp of butter (I  used margarine)
4 oz light cream cheese
1 cup flour
1 tbsp confectioners sugar
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together and form into a ball.
Refrigerate for 3ish hours.

Filling-
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup semi sweet choco chips
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup pecans
1 tbsp melted butter

Mix ingredients. Then take the dough and use
a mini muffin tin. Use muffin/cupcake wrappers if you
have them. Take the dough and press into the bottom of
each cup. Place filling on top of each. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
They have about 112 calories per tartlet.

I'm feeling kind of large and in charge from all the eating and
booze. But here is my mini vaca in pictures.

It started with a foot of snow.

And time with friends.

I had lots of wine with Amanda.

I also had some serious Lily time. She was her usual charming
self with witty comments. Plus she has a killer head of hair.

It was a great Thanksgiving and I have so much to be
thankful for. I have a wonderful family, fantastic friends and
a pretty good life. I'm also thankful for the gym since
I now need to work off this gut I've acquired.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment