Thursday, May 3, 2012

Holy Balls

So I'm back in Boston. But don't
get used to it. I'm heading to New Orleans
this weekend to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, Jazz
Fest and life in general.

I bet you didn't know I was actually born in
Louisiana and lived there growing up. So for
me- this is kind of like going home. So I have to
pack this baby again.

In the mean time, I'm keeping busy by eating
tasty and wholesome food and getting back
into exercising and running. I was given the ok
by my physical therapist to run until the race
so I gotta keep at it. (My injuries are going on
a journey to improvement soon.)

I have a recipe to share with you before my trip.
Fitnessista is one of my fav bloggers. She has a
great health mentality and comes up with some
awesome recipes. So I borrowed one to share on
here after I made it and it was a success.

Protein Balls:

2 tbsp protein powder (I had a sample and I used 
that. You can use vanilla or choco)
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp honey (maple syrup is ok too)
2 tbsp almond butter or PB
1 tbsp choco chips (optional but I use vegan chips.)

1- mix in food processor. Pulse it.
2- roll in your hand into a ball
3- throw them in a bag or Tupperware in the fridge.
4- Enjoy!


 
These things freaking rock and I ate all 4 in one sitting.
That was bad but they are sooooo good.

Can't wait to give you all a NOLA recap. I have a feeling
it's going to get a tad crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment