Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Three for all

Boy oh boy do I have a treat for you.
A three for all if you will. 

I was in the mood for a tasty dinner.
Last night I picked up a beautiful piece
of salmon after I saw a recipe on pintrest.
I had to cut the recipe down since I was
cooking for one. Per usual.

I first prepped the marinade for the salmon.

Sesame Ginger Salmon marinade:

1lb of salmon
1/8 olive oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
clove of garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1 tbsp honey

1- Mix ingredients and set salmon inside and in the fridge
for 30 mins.
2- Broil for 10-12mins 

Glaze to top once finished:
1/8 cup honey
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger 
1/2 tsp sesame seeds

While making the salmon I made a tasty quinoa dish.

Black Bean Quinoa Ingredients:

1/2 onion
1.5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup quinoa
3/4 cup veggie/chicken broth
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 frozen corn
1 can black beans
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

1- saute onion and garlic
2- add brother and quiona. Bring to boil.
3- simmer for 20 minutes
4- Stir in corn. Add black bean and cilantro.
5- Squeeze fresh lime over. Enjoy!
It was sooooo good! Fresh and delicious.

Even George wanted in on the action.

But I didn't stop there. I saw a recipe for clean
eating Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars. I changed it a little
bit because I have almond butter on hand.
So ridiculously delicious and easy.

Ingredients:

1.5 cups oats
1 cup almond butter/PB
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 cup protein powder
2 tbsp pumpkin spice
2 tbsp chia seeds

1- toast oats at 350 for 20 mins 
2- let oats cool
3- mix all the ingredients
4- spread on baking sheet about 1/2 inch thick.
5- bake for another 20 mins at 350.
Makes 14. It also called for applesauce but I omitted. 
Ok- I actually forgot. So add the 1/2 cup it calls for.
Mine were a little dry.
So I got a little crazy in the kitchen tonight.
Better than getting crazy in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment